Dunwoody United Methodist Church has an opening for the part-time position of Hospitality Coordinator. Our 5,000+ members have a single unifying vision: To be a Dynamic Christian Community of Fully Devoted Followers of Christ.
This position includes four main areas: Sunday hospitality, guest experience, new member engagement, and community involvement.
• Build hospitality initiatives that engage and connect people with the church
• Oversee areas of welcoming and connecting with first time guests
• Connect new members’ areas of interest with the ministries, programs and missions of the church
• Create and organize information provided to guests and new members (i.e. brochures, website, signage, social media)
• Develop and implement a process for consistently recruiting new volunteers
• Manage membership process with ongoing communication throughout the first year
• Develop visibility for the church in the community
• Plan and organize monthly introductory classes and special events throughout the year
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and computer data systems, familiarity with CCB a plus
• Energetic, vibrant individual with a passion for connecting with people, building relationships and inspiring volunteers
• Comfortable reaching out to guests via phone, text, email and face to face
If you are interested in joining the DUMC staff family in our mission to put our faith into action by making disciples of Jesus Christ for transformation of the world, apply now! Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt. 15 hours per week.
Pay: $19.00 per hour.