- Thursday | January 18, 2024
- 6:00 pm
- Fellowship Hall- Center (main)
- A Free, Community Event • Sponsored by the Men's Ministry of DUMC
- Dinner & Dessert with Larry & Gayle Nelson
- Thursday, January 18 • 6:00 p.m.
- Dunwoody United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Registration REQUIRED for each household to ensure accurate dinner headcount)
Dunwoody UMC’s Men’s Ministry invites you to join us for Dinner and Dessert with honored guests Larry and Gayle Nelson on January 18th in the Fellowship Hall at 6pm. The evening will feature a buffet dinner followed by a conversation with Larry and Gayle Nelson moderated by DUMC’s very own Fran Millar.
Larry Nelson is a great golfer and patriot! After serving his country in the infantry in Vietnam, he took up golf at age 21, broke 100 on his first game, broke 70 within 9 months, and turned professional in 1971. He qualified for the PGA Tour in 1973 and went on to win 10 times, including three major championships. Larry played on three US Ryder Cup teams and has won many international tournaments. Since turning 50, Larry has had a very successful Champions Tour career with 19 wins.
Larry is a committed Christian man who married his high school sweetheart, Gayle, before leaving for Vietnam. They have supported each other ever since and when you see them together you'll understand why! Larry’s stories about golf and life in the PGA are highly entertaining, and Gayle’s wit and charm doubles the fun!
There’s no cost for this incredible evening of food, fun, and fellowship but we do ask that you invite your friends and neighbors to join you! Registration is required for each household, so please let us know you're coming: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.